Typing 101

This is the inaugural entry in a new blog, The Analog Archive. In these entries I'll be sharing my experiences and experiments with old technologies and nostalgia-fueled reveries, reminiscences and ruminations.

My idea was (and still is) to write on a typewriter and scan the printed page for upload. The essays will be augmented by photos (digital and, possibly, hopefully, film) and text keyed in via my 15-inch early 2013 MacBook Pro. That's what you're reading here, obviously. 

The Analog Archive was conceived in March 2021 and I started writing on varied topics back then, intending to publish pronto. Alas, writer's block and other maladies (technophobia of a sort and procrastination) derailed my train of thought. But now, here I am. Today's essay was written March 8 and 10, 2021. So the reference to "This past summer" in the fourth paragraph means the summer of 2020. I acquired the Smith-Corona Silent in spring 2019. 

Here it begins...




 

 






 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shots in the dark

Time Lapse